Is this project dead?

Developer
Jan 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Is there any on going development on this project?
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:00 AM
No, this project isn't dead! However, currently no development activities are scheduled. We are still monitoring this site and the available bits are stable. Are there any specific things you are missing?
Please note that we also have WSCF.blue which is an evolution of WSCF.classic and targets WCF.

Please let us know any issues preventing you from using these bits.

Edward
Developer
Jan 22, 2009 at 9:17 AM
Thanks for the Response Edward, we currently use it extensively for generating Data Contract from the XSD's. I was asking mostly because I'd be interested in contributing a few features to it:

- support for the XmlNamespaceDeclarationsAttribute to cleanup the Xml generated if multiple namespaces are imported.
- support for disabling the generation of System.ComponentModel.DefaultValueAttribute on optional elements with a default (the ctor it uses doesn't work on NET.CF)
- support for adding in additional .NET Namespaces to support reusing classes defined in other assemblies.
- support to only generating Types directly declared in an XSD again to support reusing classes from other assemblies.

What are your thoughts?

Charlie

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Charlie,

We would be happy to welcome you onboard! Please send me an email (contact via codeplex) so we can discuss a litte further and I can add you to the project.

Edward
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Charlie,

Can you send me your email address? I can't reply you via codeplex

Edward
Developer
Jan 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.